and I have very mixed emotions, I think we all do. It has been a very different adoption experience in several different ways. Henan in not used to seeing westerners, it is a very under developed province a province in China you would have visited 15 or more years ago. A few examples.......we walk through the park and everyone stares. One woman today was riding her bike and almost crashed because she was staring at us. When in the park today LuLu started screaming (like she does a few times a day) and women just stared and then they start whispering to each other and get this judgemental look on their faces.....today I broke down just started crying and actually looked at some of these woman and said " are you getting a good look?"......I'm sure they thought I was a little nutty and well I actually felt a little nutty!! I have read other woman's blogs that say I can't wait to get home or they can't wait to leave the province that their new children are from....I always thought why don't they just enjoy it and appreciate where their children are from ? Well I understand completely now, its not be easy being here, it has been a struggle. I am very excited to get to Guangzhou where they are used to seeing westerners with Chinese baby's and children. I'm done.......I'm ready to leave Henan. I feel bad that this is the way I feel about my new daughters province and this is the last time she will be here as a 3 year old but I have tried and I am raw with emotion.
So we leave Henan a changed family forever. We all are looking forward to a wonderful last week in Guangzhou with a wonderful travel group that we hope will be our forever friends!
Your time is almost up.
1 year ago

5 comments:
Here's to a better week next week! I'm sorry that this week has been so hard. It makes sense that adopting a 3-year-old would be harder than adopting a baby, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier. Enjoy your last week in China! Everyone here can't wait to see you and your whole family. Hugs, Donna
I'm sorry it's been so difficult for you but I do appreciate your insight as our little one is in Henan and we hope to travel in the next few months. I do hope you have a much better week and enjoy your new family of 4!!! Hugs to you!!
Hi Kris and Nick. Sorry it has been so hard. My heart aches for you. It will be different at home when Lu Lu is in a new place. Less to remind her of what she has known as home. Hang in there. Much love to you all.
Kristin Jerry and Hunter
Hello Friends!!!
I could feel and hear your voice as I was writing and wanted to give you a big hug!
Don´t feel bad about how you feel, it is totally ok and reasonable to feel that way, that will later change to a different feeling and even later in life we will all go back to visit Henan and have a blast!
Right now is not the time to worry about China and trying to help or fit or cherish, there will be a time for that. Just remember that as we have talked people, in any part of the world, judge quickly from the quick snapshot they have. If they could see your house with Chinese decor, if they could see you learning their language, organizing a Chinese New Year outing , etc, etc, their jaws would drop in a different way!!!
I know you know all this, but since I am a woman I have to try to fix it¡ hahaha. Cheer up it is ok!
Hang in there Kris...we're all rooting for you! Your feelings are what they are...you are just being honest... The coming week will be amazing. Hugs to your entire family!
Post a Comment